Sunday, February 05, 2012

Leaky eyed

Mmm,   this is a sad post but I feel I need to post it as I miss the person very much.

A year ago today my family lost a very special person, we were all shocked and saddened by the news that my Aunt Mary had passed.  The day of her funeral was very bleak and very somber. The minister was very sympathetic and unknown to any of us started to read a passage, this  passage was to give the family a little moment of happiness at a very sad time.  He started to talk about a Patron Saint,  St. Francis of Assisi to be precise and his love for animals.  My Aunt was very kind hearted and loved all animals big, small, tame and wild, she often fed animals in her garden and they would appear as soon as she stepped out the door, little hedgehogs, birds, even foxes.  I think we all faintly smiled that day at my Aunt being likened to a Patron Saint who loved animals, it certainly seemed very fitting.  And even though  it took the family a long time to recover from the death, I think the image of her surrounded by animals helps to ease the pain.

We all love and miss you.

God Bless.

xxx


 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx