Sunday, September 02, 2018

Reflecting on the Summer


















Ohh, I wish I could have my summer holiday all over again. It was long, but it was short, I blinked and I missed it. My holiday didn't go to plan; I wanted long lazy days sitting in my garden watching the busy bees going about their work. I wanted to daydream and craft without any urgency. I wanted to be spontaneous, to jump on my bike and take on new adventures. I was prepared to up my yoga practice from once a day to a couple of times a day. In reality, I experienced only one or two of these.  On day four I suffered a terrible fall, a complete freak accident. I wasn't acting the fool, dancing or jumping around, but innocently watering the garden. I stepped off our small garden wall and ended up on all fours,  screaming in pain. I was later diagnosed with a right knee knocked out of line and a stage 3 sprain with torn ligaments in my left foot. Two months on and I'm still hobbling around with a walking stick and following a daily routine of physio exercises. Does my ankle like working?  No, it hates it with a passion!

What a summer!!!!

I can't have my holiday back, but hopefully; the October holidays will be better, and will go more to plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx