Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Home Study Course

Well at the grand old age of 38 I have decided to be brave and take a Home Study or Distance Study Course with City & Guilds. The course of my choice is Hand Knit Textiles (level 3, 7922-06) run by the lovely women Loraine McClean. I have always been artistic from a young age, however my parents had different ideas. So 20 years later the arty side of me has never disappeared and seems to be calling louder and louder for me to do something with my talent. Hence the course. I am now just over a week into it and have made a start on Equipment exercise, Symbol exercise, Abbreviation Exercise and made a good start on my Cast On Samples. This afternoon I'm going to start some Frottage (texture rubbing) with paper, wax crayons and oil pastels.
Wish me luck.

Squirrel x

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting. I wish you well. You are a very talented person from what I can see and tell. Amazing... best wishes... Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx