Sunday, May 22, 2016

Beware of the hunter!




It's been a busy month and a half since I last wrote a blog post and a lot has happened in that short space of time; lots of baking, crafting, worrying about my mum (poor health) and gardening has been taking place.  I seem to have even more flowers this year, most of them started from seed, grown in my little greenhouse and then hardened off, before being repotted outdoors. There is quite an array of colour going on, and I have to say I'm extremely proud of all my hard work.  I  just hope the wet weather stays away long enough so we can see them in their full colourful glory.

Of course, little Bean likes to be a part of the garden action (in the form of a hunter) she's got a real bee in her bonnet about birds.  She can quite happily spend all day staring and jumping up to the sky in the hope that she can befriend one. Well, I'm hoping she wants to be their friend, I'm pretty sure it's just harmless fun as she doesn't seem to have a bad bone in her furry little body.  I just love the shots of her in action, she is totally oblivious of the camera (plant pots, washing posts) and just goes about her thing; one minute she is rolling around, then trotting around and then using the garden as a race circuit. The latter activity usually ends in a warning, three strikes and she's back in the house, she's never hit the three strikes mark yet. Notice I said yet, she has been extremely close.

On the crafting front I've been knitting lace, trying a new craft (Tunisian Knitting/Crochet can't decide on the correct term for it) and swithering on warping my Ashford Rigid Heddle loom. I'm ashamed to say I've never used this guy before, it's only been sitting in it's bag for four or five years so I was thinking it's about time it had an airing, watch this space.  My sewing machine has also been on the go, but only for some garment repairs, I do feel a major project coming on.  I will have to have something on the go, as I'm due to come off for seven weeks summer holidays (this is a first ever in my working life). The schools break up on the 28th of June here, and we don't go back until the end of August, and there is no way I'm sitting around doing nothing for that length of time, as I may go quite mad!

Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx