Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Pleasant Ways to Recharge Your Body and Mind












I can't believe my last post was at the end of February!  Where has the time gone?  To be honest, I've been unbelievably busy, busy racing around for everyone else and not taking much time for me and now I kind of feel burnt out. So, the first few days of my Easter holiday have been spent lunching with my mum, lazing around and not doing very much at all, well, other than catching up with my Scheepjes Hygge Cal.  I'm about a week behind in this, but I'm not fussed as I'm taking it at my own pace and trying to get into the hygge moment. I've only started it back up again; I had to postpone it for a week after the wind caught and jammed my fingers in the garden door. Loads of blood, gore and pain and having two fingers strapped together.  You don't realise how much you need your index and middle finger until there incapacitated and bound together. My makeup looked liked I had licked and rubbed smarties on my face, my hair, well that looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards and as for my writing; the words hen and scratching comes to mind.

On the crafting front,  I'm now onto the middle section or Week 7 of my Hygge Shawl.  I've just completed the Pastel colourway and half way through the Rainbow one. I'm about a week behind on this Cal but that's not too bad considering the hand injury.  As you can see from the photos I have a third colour; 'The Girls' Night In' box. I was going to start this and try and do the three shawls at the same time but I'm not going to start this one now until the other two are complete.  I just think doing all three at the same time would just become a chore, and I don't want that to happen, plus it gives me something to look forward to further down the line.  I'm also dabbling in the March edition of the Little Box of Crochet by the wonderful Amanda Bloom and her daughter Jenny.  I've been receiving these for about  4 or 5 months, I was only going to subscribe for a few, but I've decided to keep it on (a little treat to me, I know how many treats can one squirrel have lol!)

We've also started preparing for the better weather, by washing and clearing down all my clay pots. Paul thinks I'm crazy for riddling all the soil from these pots, but I did this last year, and my little garden looked gorgeous.  In the little full greenhouse, I have sown some seeds from packets and some harvested seeds from flowers last year; Sunflowers, Sweetpeas, Nasturtiums and on order are plug plants from Thompson and Morgan.  I've been using this company for a couple of years now, and I've always received fantastic service, plus they always have great deals on at this time of year. Just like last year, I don't really plan my garden it just seems to happen haphazardly.  I remember last year thinking my garden is going to be rubbish but by the summer it was in full bloom and I could hardly keep up.  Fingers crossed I achieve the same result this year. Third year in a row for looking after and maintaining my little sanctuary.

My favourite little being celebrated her 2nd Birthday in the middle of March.  You would think by two she would've have calmed down, but oh no she is still as silly and bouncy as the day we brought her home.  I am in fact talking about my little Rhodesian Ridgeback who is not so little anymore, but who does resemble a skinny giraffe. Hours of entertainment with this little one, she likes tearing through the house with bananas in her mouth, skin and all and grabbing letters while burling round and round in a circle.  She is just so crazy and in your face,  her show name certainly suits her; Walamadengie Lets be Famous. You are certainly famous to Paul and I little one, we've never met a pooch like you and I mean that in a good way.   Happy Birthday crazy little girl. 😉


xoxo xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx