Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A Doll for Madison!

This is the little doll I made for my niece. The doll was part of Madison's 3rd birthday present. The pattern was found at the Purl Bee

The doll is made completely from felt which I cut from the paper pattern.

The arms, legs, body and head are all separate parts with the legs attached to the body by buttons (real movable parts). The dress is one piece and sleeveless. The trims are strips of felt cut with crimping scissors.

The embellishments on the dress I customized myself, using a heart shaped paper punch and sewing them on to look like a two hole button.

The dolls boots sewn on to the end of the ankles and the laces added .


Last but not least a little character to bring the doll to life. Her lips and eyes are all little shapes of felt. Her eyelashes and nose are sewing stitches ( by the way the blusher is real) then a little ribbon bow for a beautiful finishing touch.
Little Miss Madison was very taken by her, which brought a tear to my eye. One happy little niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed your stay. It would make my day if you left a comment! xxx